Wednesday 16 December 2009

Personal Learning

What have you learned about technologies from the process of constructing this product ?


Before starting to constructe my magazine I had never used Photoshop before. The nearest to it was Window's Publisher. It took me a while to learn how to properly use the software and know I feel alot more confident with using it. I learned how to use most of the tools such as cropping photographs, adding borders, changing fonts and text, and also changing the colour of pictures and editing them, which is shown with the difference from my original picture for my front cover to the final product. With taking my photographs for my magazine myself, I learned how to proportion the image correctly and use software such as "Coloursplash" on the photographs for my double page spread to give a unique style and effect. The programmes I used to help me use Photoshop where sites such as:


http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-photoshop-elements-8/





This is my original photograph for my front cover. I edited it using Photoshop tools.



What do you think you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?






















In the terms of progression from my preliminary I have learned how to use Photoshop, edit photographs and add puffs. The text used in my preliminary was not up to a high standard so while developing my skills for my music front cover I learned how to make text look more realistic etc. I think I have learned more advanced teqniques and I think my preliminary is very simplistic witht the techniques used. Whereas now my front cover consists of more complex conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment